- Made from Oakley plutonite, a proprietary synthetic that sets a new standard for durability and offers the highest level of protection
- Oakley high definition optics (do) technology eliminates shield distortion
- Blocks 100% of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful Blue light up to 400nm
- Coated with far lens treatment for anti-fog performance and improved scratch resistance
- Injection molded to shape the shield with a unique curvature that maintains clarity at all angles of vision, even at the sides, so peripheral view is always optimized
Dodging 240-pound linebackers while running a sub-4.4 40 demands the best in optical clarity. That’s why Oakley football shields with HIGH DEFINITION OPTICS (HDO) are the brand of choice for players on both sides of the ball from high school to the pros.
Using HDO technology, Oakley football shields eliminate the distortion found in the industry’s first-generation polycarbonate visors. Oakley uses PLUTONITE, a proprietary synthetic that sets a new standard for durability. Whether it’s helmet-to-helmet collision, eye gouging or wind-blown debris. But it’s not just the material that makes Oakley shields better. It’s the geometry.
Oakley uses injection molding to shape the shield with unique curvature. The contours are designed with CAD/CAM engineering to maintain clarity at all angles of vision, even at the sides, so peripheral view is optimized. PLUTONITE shield material inherently blocks 100% Of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light up to 400nm. That means even clear Oakley shields filter out all the bad rays. All Oakley football shields are manufactured with AFR lens treatment, which translates to anti-fog performance and improved scratch resistance. Optional lens tints allow the player to precisely tune light transmission for game conditions, offering yet another competitive advantage with Oakley technology.
Shields may not be returned if used / mounted to a helmet. Prior to purchase, please check with your coach to determine if shield use is permitted in your district.